I've noticed that when I feel the less discombobulated is when I'm just sitting amid the madness of just being alive with my cup of tea. It's a warm cup of sanity. It's really the only sanity I can claim as a 34 year old married woman with 3 kids. I've decided to become an expert on cups of sanity because I'm still steeping myself. I wonder how strong I'll end up...

Monday, January 17, 2011

First things first...

Before anyone is all "I'm so not stupid here.", let me just say that to really enjoy of cup of tea, you have to know how to make one. Apparently, who knew, there is a little bit of an art to it. Here I am thinking: hot water into cup with teabag. Really not hard. True but not true at the same time. I found the chart at the bottom on www.2basnob.com. I was wrong. Now I know. Now you also know.

Good to know.


Tea
Water Temperature
Steep Time
Green Tea160 degrees F1 - 3 minutes
White Tea180 degrees F4 - 8 minutes
Oolong Tea190 degrees F1 - 8 minutes
Black TeaRolling Boil3 - 5 minutes
Herbal (tisanes)Rolling Boil5 - 8 minutes

Quote of the Day:
Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary. ~Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment